Social media and PR
Description of role
As a Volunteer Socia Media & PR Champion, you will be a central part of the team, using online and offline media channels to support and enhance all aspects of the charity work. You will be working with the rest of the team to promote the work of the charity and support its activities.
Together with the team, you will be responsible for:
* Using our social media channels to promote the charity
* Contributing blog posts to the charity website
* Writing and sending out newsletters to keep the volunteers and donors informed and engaged;
* Helping to develop local promotional materials
* Making sure that any photos of guests have consent forms
* Relevant training in technology and internet
* Passionate about social media and interacting with people via these channels
* Understanding of social media & good interpersonal skills
* Will require reference
When needed: The position will start as soon as all requirements have been checked
Time & Day: Monday to Sunday, morning, afternoon, or evening as pre-arranged or agreed.
Duration: We will require a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Benefits & Rewards:
- Travel expenses covered in line with our volunteer’s Policy;
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it;
- Volunteers Certificate and Recognition
- Opportunity to work in a team and boost interpersonal skills/enhance IT skills;
- Opportunity to meet a network of like-minded people whilst attending events
Come and join our enthusiastic team!